13 giugno 2010

Happy Birthday To Me. Project Skog Part2




Tomorrow is my birthday but I have to work :-(
It is now exactly 7 years since I got the Bianchi SISS (30th birthday present) so it really is time I got a new bike sorted. And being crazy I can't just go out and buy a nice Niner (and the Niner may have been less £££ than all the tubes, tools I am "investing" in...)
So I have to console myself with some lumps of steel.
Lump no. 1 is a tube notcher - this accurately munches through tube mitres instead of (badly) hand cutting tubes.
Lump no.2 are CNC plasma cut dropouts. Nice. Custom cut for €4 each!
Lump(s) no.3 are all the other bits. Fine tubes from Columbus. And a beautiful Silva bb shell(naturally made in Italy). I've already written which side is RHS / LHS before I make a big mistake with a brazing torch (why does my bottom bracket fit backwards?....)
Friday afternoon will be brazing practice. Shortly followed by testing brazing with a big hammer!
See you all sometime - Finale looked fun.
Mick

2 commenti:

spiedo ha detto...

Happy B-Day Mick and good luck with the framebuilding!

cafevelo ha detto...

Great, I look forward to seeing the finished product. Is this your first frame?