16 aprile 2010

Los Lobos della YO MAMMA!!

7am and I'm out freezing my nuts of in 2 degree Celsius weather!

Dawn Till Dusk 2010! Last year it got canceled because of bad weather, this year the course was hot, dry, and dusty. I did the race in my own typical "Sac Style Racing" this means you eat whatever you want and do it completely unsupported out of a brown grocery bag you lay next to the trail! This race I chowed down on some chunky peanut butter/ nutella sandwiches, some hummus in Peta bread which gave me vicious garlic breath, some super greasy burritos, and a protein shake I whipped up the night before that had me off the side of the trail squatting down with some mean diarrhea!! At the end of the 12hours I had ridden 10 laps putting in 202km of single track riding and SURPRISE; I finished in 2ND place!

They had awards in some creepy warehouse and we all won some really weird Native American ornaments...See, I'm not kidding when I say New Mexico is ghetto! At the end of the day I was tired and my bum hurt, but that's how it always is. Now if only there was someone at the race who could make a really good vacuum cleaner noise....now that would have been neat.

3 commenti:

cochese ha detto...

Podium!! Bravo Sac we are proud of you!!

Ed ha detto...

The only other person I know that podiums more than you is Ausila. That is some good company. Excellent job, look forward to seeing you in DC. We will find a race and you can make me feel very old. Ed

cafevelo ha detto...

Great riding bro. I'm planning on doing FL24 in your style (but paced, not flat-out for the first 4hrs)