12 dicembre 2009

Shonkycross Gets Dirty


Project shonkycross is alive! Tyres hit dirt on friday. All good, but 36:14 is too tough for the hill behind the castle.......
There is a lot of history with this bike. The frame is my second ever mtb, a legendary Saracen Kili Flyer from 1990. Fillet brazed tange prestige, with my own handmade stainless steel singlespeed dropouts. It would look great with new paint, but there is too much history to remove the original powder coat and stickers!
This is the bike I was riding when we first met Spiedo in Norway 1996 (he was on his first holiday with Sara, and had a Yeti and Troy Lee helmet - so very little is different today!). This bike was also my first (adult) singlespeed and ridden as 26er at 2001 world champs.
So do I come to Rockville?.....

4 commenti:

Ilaria ha detto...

Rockville! Rockville! Rockville!

cochese ha detto...

You MUST come!!

spiedo ha detto...

Wow I remember that frame! Rockville will be great this year with you!

ghido ha detto...

You and Ali have to be in Rockville (and Tom and Jake)