14 maggio 2010

Project Skoglemen - Part 1


And so it begins.....
Design completed.
Dropout sent for laser cutting from EN50B steel (OK for truck chassis so OK for a bicycle) by my friends at www.heskinfabs.co.uk
Very soon the tubes will be ordered at www.ceeway.com (when they s l o w l y reply with the price)
And I have found people to help me cheat and bend the tubes (I wanted to shape them myself but would need £900 of equipment!) www.taylorbends.co.uk
Columbus tubing. Chromoly rear triangle, butted top and down tubes.
Chainstay length 15.8" - 16.5".
But I need to throw it down steeeeep Italian descents, so to stop it becoming short wheelbase twitchy jey bike of death - Head angle 70 degrees, fork rake 55mm.
Part 2 coming soon.....

2 commenti:

spiedo ha detto...

It looks very nice your twitchy Jey Bike of Death!

TJ-BOD 29 good name for a bike!

cochese ha detto...

Very interesting bike!