16 settembre 2008

Cerdopalooza Race Report


Ricevo e pubblico: "So back in the US of A I've been doing a lot of riding and doing some races, basically trying to represent Biciclista and the Los Lobos where ever I go. Last weekend I did a cross country race here in New Mexico called Cerdopalooza. The race took place at an area that I really love to ride because of the flowing singletrack and the really really really rocky technical sections(imagine the last single track section on the Massa Course but longer and harder!!) I raced in the Single Speed category which was loaded with top riders, even a pro was in the ranks who had beat me in the last race, I felt like I could win but only time and 33km would tell. I started with a blasting sprint which was helped by yelling SUBBAQUI!!!!!! as loud as I could, and took of in front only to be caught by the pro and another rider, we stuck together switching places for more than half of the race. But when we hit a dirt road section the pro took off and I slowed to take eat a gel pack which dropped me to third, I tried as hard as my weakened legs would push me but couldn't seem to bridge the gap. I rolled across the finish line a minute down from second place and wishing I owned a suspension fork! Man that course in 1:48mins made my hands feel like they did in Finale after 10 hours!! I was a little disappointed with third but at the same time the "should of, could of, and would ofs" only make me more motivated for the next race when I'm going to tear the legs of the first place rider!
Boy do I ever miss the Los Lobos! You fellows don't know how unique you are as a group till you see the straight edge racing clubs that exist out here, only one word can be used to describe them, "BORING!" If you like talking about heart rates and power out puts then they are the clubs for you, but you'll never see any of them poring wine down a scuba mask.
Sorry I couldn't write this in Italiano but to end it of I'd like to say, SUBBAQUI, BELLA GAMBA, MAINTAIN THE ERECTION!!
CIAO LOS LOBOS!!
isaac"

4 commenti:

ghido ha detto...

Don't worry Isaak, also in Italy we have a great experience of "BORING!" racing teams talking only about heart rates and power out puts...

CIAO

ghido ha detto...

"I started with a blasting sprint which was helped by yelling SUBBAQUI!!!!!! as loud as I could"

se è vero è un pazzo!

spiedo ha detto...

Isaac is a crazy ass!!!

Subbaqqui go go gooooooooooooo!

Anonimo ha detto...

Do not worry Isaac, always keep it up!!!

SUBBAQQUI DOCET